In Colour

In Colour
2022 - 2024

Tuesday 7 April 2015

Pyramid Card & Stay Closed Box - for Easter treats

The most recent class I held was within the week before Easter, so of course I had to include a box for Easter eggs in the projects... & some chocolate eggs to fill them up too. Mmmm : )
Stamp Set: Chalk Talk
Card stock: Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White, Sliver Glimmer, Irresistibly Yours dsp, & Subtles  dsp Stacks
Ink: Wisteria Wonder
Framelits: Chalk Talk & Stars
Ribbon: White Jute & Silver Slim Trim
Punches: Small Star
Extras: Sliver Glitter

 Here you can see the slit in the back of the card. Tucking the corner into the slit helps the card stand up properly. Other sample I've seen have used Velcro to hold the card together.

Colours: Soft Sky, Blushing Bride, So Saffron & Wisteria Wonder
These were the projects that everyone who attended made. I gave everyone a different colour to use which I think was great, it meant we all got to see how they turned out in other colours & I'm so glad I remembered to take a photo before everyone left.

 These are the templates I draw up for everybody to refer to during the class & take home for future reference. Just in case you're wondering why my instructions are a bit vague, it's because I've already shown them how to assemble the project in the class, but know they'll need the measurements written down (I know I forget things if I don't write it down).

 I thought I'd share these pictures too, just because it's Easter. I work in a shop call Party Cupcake where we sell all sorts of cake decorating supplies, so I made some carrots for the shop window, among other chocolate treats. We sell Choc Drops in all different colours, so I thought why not put them in a plastic bag (which I sealed diagonally), tied them up, added a couple of green paper patty pans (which I cut a small hole in the centre), & tied another green ribbon around it to keep it secure.

This isn't a very good photo, I should've taken it from outside the window instead of beside it, but carrots look good on the grass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment