In Colour

In Colour
2022 - 2024

Friday 26 September 2014

Three Tier Slider Card

Seen these card on the net and thought they were great. There were a few different types out there, but decided to try this one & of course my new stamp set "Four Feathers" : D
Stamps: Four Feathers & Endless Wishes.
Colours: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Pool Party, Island Indigo & Basic Gray.
Tools: Four Feathers Framelits & The roof top of one of the house from- Holiday Homes.
Extras: Gold Button, Natural Chevron Ribbon, Linen Thread & All is Calm washi tape.

I left room on the middle tier for writing a message.

I also used the feather framelits to cut out some sticky notes to make a mask for sponging.
On this top tier I sponged inside the middle feather with Crumb Cake. On the 2nd tier I sponged outside the top feather.

I seen a card on pinterest by Krista Frattin that had the feathers stamped this way, so I couldn't resist trying this technique with the feathers myself.
It's like the rock & roll technique, but after inking up the stamp in the light colour you use a sponge dauber to add the darker colour around the edges. The good thing about this technique is you can be more precise with the dauber when adding the darker colour. You just need to play around to get the intensity right.


Stamps: Holiday Homes
Colours: (I think I've used too many too name...) Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White, Gumball Green, Smokey Slate, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Starfruit, Soft Sky, Marina Mist & Night of Navy.
Extras: Black Embossing Powder, Sponges & Aqua Painter.

I sponged each tier with a different shade of blue hoping it would look like day to night, night being top tier with Santa flying by the moon.

This one was for my friends son who loves The Tigers. It took a while to try and figure out how to make the tigers face, & I know there was a fantastic tiger card on stampinconnection, but it may have been done with a proper cutter.
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Bitty Banners & Back to Basics Alphabet.
Colours: Basic Black, Hello Honey, Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple & Old Olive + Daffodil Delight Blendabilities.
Punches: Two Step Bird, Curly Label, old Butterfly, Elegant Butterfly & Owl Builder.
+ Crystal Effects on the eyes.




2 comments:

  1. Belinda, I just found your Holiday Home 3-tier card on Pinterest. It is gorgeous! Then when I came to your blog to get a better look at it, I just wanted to let you know hours impressed I am with all three of the cards! I am not necessarily a person who would make a tiger card,but if I were,I would love to have the talent you have! Your tiger is amazing. I would not have guessed that you did it without a pattern! Thank you for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the lovely comment Marianne. It's been a while since I've made one of these cards,I think I might have to give it another go. I hope you have fun making them to... ☺

    ReplyDelete