In Colour

In Colour
2022 - 2024

Thursday 5 June 2014

Double Diamond Fold Card

Ok, it's finally here...
I am sorry about the wait and the quality of the video, my son was playing around with some music in the background which kind of adds extra noise.
The video is at the bottom of the page.
This was the card I demonstrated in a workshop, which is missing the word bubble and I had coloured the fox with Cujan Craze on this one.

I scanned this from an A4 page that I had drawn the diagrams onto, so if your having trouble reading the measurements it should print out ok to be readable... I hope. 



Card stock base is Soft Suede and all other card stock is Crumb Cake.
Hardwood background stamped in Early Espresso and all other images stamped with Vesa Mark and embossed with Black embossing powder.
All images are coloured with Aqua Painter, Stampin Write Markers and the White Chalk Pen.
I will get a video up on the details of the colouring technique.




Background stamp is Hardwood and the words "hey there" is from Word Bubbles.
All other images (animals, trees & mushrooms) are from Life in the Forrest.


In this picture you can see all the score lines and folds, as well as the stamps.
I wrote on the underneath of the card before giving it away, there is loads of room to write on and for the kids to add their weird pictures too (as my son often does).



I will try to improve my video making skills.... you'll just have to bare with me until I do.  : )

                                         

 This video shows more of the watercolouring with Stampin' Write Markers.
Keeping mind that you need to use water based ink when blending with the water pen (Aqua Painter).

8 comments:

  1. Do you have the dimensions in inches for the squares of crubcake you stamped the animals on? Please email me at dmneuman@fedex.com. It is not on your blog or on your video. Thanks, Debbie Neuman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry....also the paper behind it that you stamped the hardwood on too. I mean't to include that in the note above...thanks, Debbie Neuman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply wonderful, Belinda. I trust you won't mind my CASEing the idea. I'll give you full credit. Your use of the Life in the Forest stamp set is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belinda, I linked back to your blog to give you credit on this sweet card fold. From what I can tell from my traffic, you have received a lot of attention today. So well deserved! Thought you would like to know....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belinda, I linked back to your blog to give you credit on this sweet card fold. From what I can tell from my traffic, you have received a lot of attention today. So well deserved! Thought you would like to know....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just shared a link to this page on my blog. I enjoyed your double diamond template! Thanks for the inspiration. Here's a link to my post: http://craftsbybetsy.blogspot.com/2017/10/leaves-leaves-nuts-and-leaves.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. the music is very annoying in the background. I would suggest you cut that out next video. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. you did a fine video. heard the music, not sure if it was in the background or meant for the video, but i kind of tuned it out after a few mins. your instructions were very easy to follow.
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete