New Catallogue

Thursday, 11 October 2012

Tea Bags & Tea Tags

I wanted to give my friend a small token of kindness to brighten her day.... So what better way than with some delicious Vanilla Tea in a sweet little box (that's the same shape as the pyramid tea bags), & a matching card with a cute little poem inside.
Tea 4 U

Paper piecing with Beau Chateau designer series paper, Morning Cup stamp set & a framelit.

Sunny boy box, full of Vanilla Tea Bags.

Paper piecing with Beau Chateau designer series paper & Morning Cup stamp set.

The back of the tag (Tea bag stamp is from Morning Cup stamp set).
These projects have been made with Stampin' Up's, Beau Chateau dsp, Morning Cup Stamp set, Framelits,
Tag punches & Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon.

Sunday, 7 October 2012

Rag Bag

My second attempt at making one of these bags, & I gotta say I was pretty happy with the result, considering I'm not much of a sewer. But this is probably one of the easiest types of patchwork to do.
This bag was made from Stampin' up Timeless Portrait Fabric & calico with a bit of wadding too.
I cut all the fabric with the stampin' up Scallop Square Die and the Big Shot.
Scallop Square Bag

I didn't bother with pockets, though I think it would probably have been easier  to do than I first thought.

I used all three designs of the fabric, then cut them & the calico with the scallop square die. I cut the wadding with a rotary cutter (like a little pizza cutter).

I layered each square with calico, wading then the patterned fabric.

I sewed a cross on each square to keep them together & create the quilted effect.
I used Black cotton on the top patterned side of each square...

...& Cream cotton on the calico side (in the bobbin).

All my squares with crosses sew on & ready for assembly.

I thought it best to lay all of my squares out to plan their placement before sewing them together. I tried to avoid having any two patterns beside each other, with three design it should work. I used nine squares for the front and back, and three for the sides and bottom. So that a total of 27 squares to make the whole bag, plus handles. 

All finished... but I forgot to take a photo while making the handles...oops.
I also added a strip of wadding inside the handles, it gives you something to grab a  hold of, instead of just a thin piece of fabric, & it makes it feel stronger too. To attach the handles I just tucked the ends into the layers of the squares before sewing a seem around the top of the bag to finish it.