In Colour

In Colour
2022 - 2024

Sunday 16 December 2012

Springy Thingy Card & Christmas Favor Box

These are some christmas projects I've recently done in a workshop. I decided to keep the theme with the Cherry Cobbler red & the window from the Cottage Window Stamp set. I had never made one of these cards before, but a customer asked if we could make one in a workshop. I had trouble finding inspiration for the "Springy Thingy"card when I googled it, so I figured it probably hasn't been done much. So here is my sample of the springy thing card. 
Stamp sets: Cottage Window, Jolly Jingles & Scentsational Seasons. Woodgrain Embossing folder, Fancy Favor  Bigz Die & Scallop Edge Border Punch.

I used acetate to make the window in the Fancy Favor box, & hoped it would look like a gingerbread man in a gingerbread house.

I used the Jolly Jingles wheel to stamp the background, & stamped the little snowflake stamp from the cottage window stamp set over the window & a little bit on the card base in the background.

I sponged lightly with So Saffron to make it look like a warm light inside the window. The bird is coloured in with blender pens & ink. & I coloured in the holly & the window straight from the markers. 

The Springy Thingy card with the belt off.

The Springy thingy card opened up.
I forgot to take a photo of the card with the white square of card stock that I added to the centre of the card to write on.

This maybe a little hard to see, that's because it was photocopied from a magazine, then scanned onto the computer.
I hope it is readable enough to follow or print, for anyone who wants to have a go at this card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment